For us at Bengaluru Needs You, immersive learning is one of the key ways to effectively impact the youth. In pursuance of this aim, we conduct many action-oriented internships to expose students in the City to the different realities around them. In this regard, we have conducted five month-long internships so far:
- Environmental Action Internship (July 2014)- Gaining a deeper understanding of ‘Sustainability in Practice.’
- Political Action Internship II (April-May 2014)- Learning the art and craft of practical politics. Focused around the Lok Sabha Elections.
- Urban Action Internship (January 2014)- Transforming the city through urban design and urban governance.
- Civic Action Internship (October 2013)- Engaging with the burning problems of the city like cleanliness, safety and citizen engagement.
- Political Action Internship I (April 2013)- Learning the art and craft of practical politics. Focused around the Karnataka State Elections.